This course combines Tec40, 45 and 50 into one course. Certified divers are qualified to make multi-stop decompression dives that employ EANx and oxygen for accelerated decompression.
They can dive to a maximum depth of 50 metres / 165 ft.
What You’ll Learn
The PADI Tec Deep course is intended to extend the depth range of recreational divers already trained and qualified to use air and enriched air for non decompression dives to 40m.
- Plan and execute at least five Air / Eanx decompression dives using various blends
- Use decompression software to create custom dive tables and dive plans
- Make training dives as deep as 50 metres/165 feet
Scuba Gear You’ll Use
- Double cylinders (minimum 12 litre/70 cubic feet each, with larger preferred) with isolator manifold
- Primary and secondary regulators, one with two metre/seven foot hose (approximately) for gas sharing, and one with SPG
- Stage/decompression cylinders with regulator, SPG, mounting hardware and proper labelling/markings. Two per diver will be required
- Backup decompression cylinders as appropriate and required for the environment
- BCD and harness – redundant buoyancy control is required (double bladder BCD or dry suit if suitable for weight of equipment worn)
- Depth gauge/computer and backup depth gauge/computer
- Timing device and backup timing device
- Decompression information (tables/Multigas computer) and backup decompression information
- Exposure suit appropriate for environment and dive duration. (If you use a dry suit, you should be trained/experienced with its use in recreational and technical diving prior to using it for technical training or diving.)
- Argon dry suit inflation or other inflation system as needed
- Weight system (if needed)
- Jon line (if needed for current diving environments)
- Inflatable signal tube
- Lift bag (bright yellow or per local community practice preferred)
- Dive knife / cutting device and backup slate, backup mask (optional)
- Compass, lights (optional)
- Drift kit (if drift decompressing)
Learning Materials You’ll Need
- Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak
The Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak includes all required materials, including: manual, deep stop calculation table, Tec Deep decal and emergency procedures slate.
Topics covered include:
- Technical diving depth ranges
- Exposure planning
- Selecting a mix
- Argon inflation systems
- Handling three or four decompression cylinders
- Decompression models
- Emergency procedures
- Face masks and multi-gas computers.
- To purchase this product, contact your local PADI Instructor, dive shop or resort.
- Be a PADI Rescue Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization and having proof of CPR and first aid training with the previous two years).
- Be certified as an Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have logged at least 100 dives
- Have a medical form signed by your physician.
- Certification is included in the course. Equipment hire, diving fees, transport, accommodation and gas fees (including instructors) are not included.
Note Helium can be expensive so gas fees can be substantial.
Contact the dive centre who will arrange a meeting at the dive centre to discuss your training needs if required. Call us on 01189 761729 or email us