PADI Tec 45
To venture outside the world of recreational diving requires training and equipment beyond the scope of that learned in recreational scuba diving courses. The PADI Tec Deep program is split into five courses which lead you from entry level technical diving through to a no depth limits trimix certification. The level of certification you wish to obtain is governed solely by your requirements.
The Tec 45 course continues a technical diver’s education and enables the diver to make decompression dives to 45 meters with the use of a single decompression gas, with up to 100 percent nitrox, to accelerate decompression The course consists of self study followed by three open water dives conducted over two days.
To enroll in the PADI Tec 45 you need to:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Be certified as a PADI Rescue Diver or provide a qualifying certification from another training organization. For this course, a qualifying certification is proof of training beyond entry level with experience in deep diving and underwater navigation.
- Be certified as a PADI Enriched Air Diver or qualifying certification from another training organization. For this course, a qualifying certification is proof of training in nitrox diving with for the use of up to 100 percent nitrox blends.
- Be certified as a PADI Deep Diver or show proof of at least 6 dives deeper than 30 meters.
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, of which at least 12 dives were made with nitrox deeper than 18 meters.
- Your Tec Deep Instructor may also introduce you to using trimix on the last open water dive.
Included in the course are Tec Deep Manual, cylinder, wing and backplate, regulator and specialized equipment hire, and certification. Other equipment hire, diving fees, transport, accommodation and gas fees are not included.