PADI Scuba Diver
This certification allows for ample dive experience and is a good warm-up for the Open Water Diver course if that’s your ultimate goal. PADI Scuba Divers are qualified to:
- Dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Divemaster, Assistant Instructor or Instructor to a maximum depth of 12 meters.
- Obtain air fills, rent or purchase scuba equipment and participate in other diving activities as long as they have the required supervision
- Continue their dive training and complete PADI Open Water Diver certification and other courses such as Project AWARE and equipment specialty courses
What do I need to start?
- Be of 15 years of age or above (10 years of age for PADI Junior Scuba Diver)
What will I do?
All the basics of scuba diving through knowledge development, a set of scuba skills in the pool that you’ll use again during open water dives, and an appreciation for the underwater world that will keep you coming back for more bottom time every chance you get!
During the course, you’ll cover material and practice skills related to topics such as:
- Buoyancy skills including comfortable ascents and descents, and breathing underwater
- Staying warm underwater, streamlining your swimming skills and buddy diving techniques
- Diving environments and aquatic life you’re likely to encounter
- Preventing common problems underwater
During the course you will need to complete the following:
- Knowledge Development and Theory Parts 1-3
- Confined (Pool) Sessions 1-3
- Open Water Dives 1 and 2
What Scuba Gear Will I Use
You’ll use all the basic scuba gear which will be included with your course. You may want to invest in your own mask, snorkel, and fins since these personal items are a lot more fun to use when they fit properly. A buoyancy compensating jacket that holds your scuba tank, a scuba regulator that delivers air, a weight system and instrumentation to monitor depth and air supply will also be used. Depending on the scuba diving environment, you’ll also wear either a full length or shortie wetsuit.
Please ask us about the scuba equipment you’ll use and how you can purchase your basic scuba equipment.
What’s included in the course fee?
- Certification Fees
- Equipment Hire
- Air Fills
- PADI E-Learning
What’s not included in the course fee?
- PADI Open Water Crewpack – €75 (optional)
You may want to step up to PADI Open Water Diver certification at your first opportunity but as a PADI Scuba Diver, you are also qualified to take the PADI Equipment Specialist and PADI Project AWARE Specialist certification courses.